Monday 18 March 2013

[cosplay] Esther Blanchett - Rose dress

Event: 
AnimeShow 2013 (15-17. March 2013)

Series: Trinity Blood
Character: Esther Blanchett

Reference Picture:



I kind of cheated a bit with the crown. Because I don't really like the one she's wearing with the rose dress so I made one that looks pretty much like the crown Esther's wearing with her coronation dress I just added some red details to it so it matches to the dress better! :D



Progress

I don't have many progress pictures, as always... It's because I'm terrible and always start my costumes way too late and then I have to rush like crazy to actually finish on time so I  1.) forget to take the progress pictures and 2.) don't have time to do so!! 
But I managed to snap some so here you have it :)

First stage of the white skirt!
This is the 'ruff' on the collar :)
Gluing gems to the skirt
My little mess, I was making the accessories here
And spray painting on my balcony

Info

Total time: 4 weeks

Bonus info:
I used 20 000 pearls with 4 different diameters.
And around 500 gemstones.

Most of the costume is hand sewn because my sewing machine just hates everything :D

  Details




  










(All the photos belong to Evina. You can find her on dA & tumblr.)

Costume




The costume is not 100% finished yet and I'll keep finishing it slowly now! I'll definitely keep you updated :) But even thought it's not finished I still hope you guys like it and that you enjoyed this entry!

Thanks and bye~ ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment